sábado, 4 de octubre de 2014

Virtual Worlds



In this image, created using "Cacoo", I have shown the steps that I followed to learn some theoretical and practical aspects about VWs. Firstly, I was a little bit nervous when I had to read the text because VWs were new for me, so I did not know if I was going to understand it. However, while reading the text, I started taking notes of the main points and I realized that it was easier to understand than I expected. So that, I started to feel more relax. 
In order to show the key points that I embraced of this article, I have created a video using "PowToon".






After two weeks, I had to explain these key aspects to my peers in class. Although I had to make a big effort to summarize them because we did not have so much time, I felt really self-confident as I could explain everything and my mates understood it. This activity made me realize that I truly understood the general idea of the article. Moreover, when I had to explain it, I embraced better all this theoretical part about virtual worlds. 
Then, my peers had to explain me the key points of their articles. While I was listening, I took notes about the aspects that interested me the most and were new for me. 




________________________________________________________________________________


After several weeks of having published this entrance, I have had my first contact with second life world. I had a great time in class creating the avatars and interacting with our mates. I strongly believe that it is a good tool to help pupils to acquire new language and to practice communication, but the problem is that normally you have to pay in order to create a secure and private island in second life. Furthermore, many pre-tasks are needed to teach children how to use it, how to move their avatars, how to communicate, etc. However, the mentioned before can not stop us from introducing VWs in primary schools, because instead of making students create an avatar and interact with it, we can use VWs to introduce our projects in a meaningful way through avatars in order to engage and motivate students.  The latter was introduce in Sant Jordi school from Mollet del Vallés with kids from 7 to 8 years old, and was a big success! 

To see more information about the TEPBLL carried out in Sant Jordi school, please click here





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario